Armament & Equipment
To engage surface targets the ship is armed with the Uran-E ASM system (4×4 tilt launchers, 16 missiles) and a fire control module.
In addition to the artillery weapons of Gepard 5.1, the frigate Gepard 5.3configuration has two Palma air defence gun/missile systems with Sosna-R SAMs.
Mines and ASW equipment
- two 533mm DTA-53 twin torpedo trainable tubes;
- RPK-8E ASW missile system;
- Purga ASW weapons control system.
- Pozitiv-ME1 air and surface target detection radar;
- 67R IFF suite;
- Podzagolovok-23E mutual interference avoidance system;
- Sigma-E combat information management system;
- TK-25E electronic warfare system;
- PK-10 short range jamming systems;
- BOT-E or Zmei sonar countermeasure system;
- Segment-661 system.
- MGK-335EM-03 sonar with hull-mounted array;
- Anapa-ME hydroacoustic underwater anti-saboteur detection sonar.
- LI2-1ME log;
- NEL-20K navigation echo sounder;
- Ogon-50 infrared night group navigation system;
- KM115-07 magnetic compass;
- MS-98 weather radar;
- Morena-1 weather data receiver;
- Ladoga-ME inertial navigation and stabilisation system.
- Rubin-EG2 automated communications system;
- VHF radiotelephone station;
- visual communications and surveillance equipment;
- internal voice announcement system.
- ASW helicopter;
- helipad and maintenance equipment.
The ship carries a Ka-28 or Ka-31 helicopter in search-and-rescue configuration in peacetime, and an ASW version in wartime.
Main propulsion plant
The ship is powered by a two-shaft CODAD propulsion plant with variable-pitch propellers, comprising four 3,455 kW (4,700 hp) diesels or two 4,775 kW (6,494 hp) and two 2,425 kW (3,298 hp) diesels, two reduction gears and a localised control and protection system.